- Posted by Linda Anderson
- On July 2, 2018
- 0 Comments
- accessible tourism, disability, entrepreneur, eNVIe, flinders university, tourism, travel, wheelchair
In November 2017 we submitted an application for one of six spots in the SPARK program run through Hub Adelaide. Spark is a 12-month all-inclusive workspace and mentorship package supported by RenewalSA, Flinders University, and Hub Australia. We received 12 months fully sponsored use of the Hub Adelaide coworking space, plus a place on the 12-week Flinders University New Venture Institute, Venture Dorm course, with the chance to pitch at the enVies!
The aim of Venture Dorm is to take an idea and find a viable business model across 12 weeks of immersive and hands on learning. It was exactly what we needed to help turn the Good Scout Travel Co. into a sustainable business, allowing us to really drive accessible tourism across Australia. We’ve been active in the space for a few years now, but creating a model that can support us to really make a difference has not been easy!
If you’ve been following along it’s no secret that we actually won!
Pitching to 200 people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, The Good Scout took out the GOLD eNVIe and $35,000 worth of business services.. we are still absolutely blown away! The prize package includes:
• NVI US Founders Mission scholarship, proudly supported by the Department for Industry and Skills, Government of South Australia
• News Corp media package
• IP Consulting Services from Chiliad Consulting
• Audio visual promotional services from Ethos Media
• Prototyping Services from the Flinders Innovation Centre
• Co-working space at eNVIsion for 12 months
• PR Services from Newsmaker
• Crowd-funding and social media services from Joey Crowd
• BDO Tax and Accounting services
• Consulting sessions with Moonshine Lab Entrepreneur in Residence, Craig Swann and Growth Marketer Tony Nguyen; plus a Playt.com voucher
• Legal consultation from Motus Legal
So what’s next.. well we have big things planned for the back end of the year, with a website relaunch on the cards seeing The Good Scout website home to listings Australia wide! And, with the help of the above fabulous businesses, we have lots of opportunities to put things in place ensuring we move TGS in the right direction!